This condition is the infection of female reproductive organs. The disease is commonly acquired or transmitted sexually that can cause organ damage and infertility. Ovaries, uterus, fallopian tubes or other parts of the reproductive system can be damaged that can result in severe pain and difficulty to get pregnant.
* Those who had gonorrhea and chlamydia or other sexually transmitted diseases are at more risk to have PID.
* Women with different sexual partners.
* Those who had PID may have another episode.
* Teens who are sexually active may have the disease as well.
* Studies also revealed that douching can contribute to PID as it can push the bacteria towards the upper genitalia.
* Pain during sexual intercourse
* Nausea and vomiting
* Abnormal vaginal discharge
* High fever or chills
* Dull pain or tenderness in the stomach
* Cramping or spotting that can last for a month
Read more here