Everyone gets tooth plaque in their life. This is a sticky film that forms when bacteria inside the mouth accumulates on the teeth. When it hangs there for quite a while, the teeth are in for major clean up. Some tips to prevent it are:
1. Brushing the teeth at least 2x daily. This should be done after every meal so as to get rid of plaque right before it develops.
2. Brush by cleaning between the teeth. Take into account that plaques can hide in spaces between the teeth. With the use of floss or other tools, it can do the trick.
3. Gargle with mouthwash. Others may often forget about its essence but doing such can help to loosen plaque which can make it easier to remove.
4. Minimize the intake of starch and sugar. Bacteria came rushing when there’s sugar left in the mouth and feed on it. When the food has more sugar on it, more bacteria are present when you brush your teeth.
5. Make it a habit to have an oral health check with the dentist.
Read more here